Monday, June 7, 2010

Travel Pillow

IMG_1398 In preparation for a 16 hour drive (and move) from Boise, ID to Denver, CO I made a travel pillow.

IMG_1280I sketched a pattern

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_1283

 

 

I cut it out of a too small but soft comfy shirt.

(I ended up adding an inch to my pattern in the middle/fold)

 

 

 

IMG_1285

 

 

I got two U shaped pieces from the pattern.

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_1287

Then I sewed the two together leaving a two inch gap on the right outside curve for inserting stuffing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_1289

IMG_1291

 

Then I stuffed my pillow with the stuffing from an old pillow I’m not using anymore.

I spritzed the stuffing with Lavender aromatherapy pillow spray that my dear friend Jenni send me for my birthday!

Its perfect, a slight scent, just enough- very soothing while traveling!

 

IMG_1293 IMG_1406

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Thanks for the shout out! hehe I think that is a brilliant idea using an old shirt! Looks comfy, hope you did sleep well on the drive. :)