Friday, January 22, 2010

Black Sweater fix up

While I was back home at Christmastime, I found an old sweater of mine. (Remember back in Junior High when dusters sweaters were totally “in”). Well, its still a great sweater, but the sleeves were all stretched out- drove me crazy!

IMG_0823 IMG_0825

So I turned it inside out and took in the sleeves with a straight stitch- drastically at the wrists. (I think I might take in even more up to the elbows.) IMG_0834

Then I trimmed off the excess. And zigzagged the seam to reinforce and contain the raw edge(don’t need no stinkin serger…well someday I do want one, but for now my machine has some stitches that mock serge).




I also added a big black button. I had a horrible time sewing a buttonhole, but it does the job okay. I can wear it with or without the tie now.


(awful picture of myself) Well, a simple fix up. But something I never used to be able to do.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Brilliant!! I love the button, and LOVE the shirt underneath the sweater! That is sooo cute! And you look adorable as usual.